Using positional tracking
The headset image does not update when I move.
Headset tracking has been lost. Try slowly waving the headset towards the base stations to regain tracking.
The SteamVR™ tracking elements are placed behind the front plate and on both sides of the Varjo headset. Be sure not to cover or occlude the SteamVR™ tracking elements with your hands. Ensure that the base stations are pointing towards the headset in all positions, also when you move or turn around in the room. The minimum recommended distance between the base stations and the headset is 1.5 meters or 5 feet. If possible, cover all reflective surfaces in the base stations’ field of view. Please be aware that reflective surfaces may interfere with tracking.
How can I reset the floor height or forward direction?
Floor height and default orientation are defined using the Room Setup in the SteamVR application.
- Close your VR application on your computer.
- Open Varjo Base and go to the Headset In the section Room Setup with SteamVR, select Launch SteamVR. The SteamVR status window opens.
- In the SteamVR application menu, select Run Room Setup.
- Follow the instructions in SteamVR.
- After you have finished the Room setup in SteamVR, close the SteamVR status window.
- Return to Varjo Base and select Restart Varjo System. Make sure that the SteamVR status window is not running at this point.
- Restart your VR application. The floor height and default orientation should now appear fixed.
How can I reset my position in VR?
Tracking reset is currently possible only in enabled Unity applications. See Developer documentation for Unity for further information.