Using Autodesk VRED in Varjo Reality Cloud
When using Autodesk VRED in Varjo Reality Cloud, there are two different user roles: a host and a participant. The host can create and end sessions, while participants can join and leave sessions started by the host.
When you create a VRED session in Varjo Reality Cloud, you automatically become the host for that session.
As a host, you can choose a VRED scene for the session and define who can join the session. While only the host can end a session, other participants can freely join and leave.
There can be maximum of 5 participants in one session including the host. Note that you also need to have enough seats in your organization’s subscription.
- To create a new session as a host, in Varjo Base, go to Services menu and open Varjo Reality Cloud.
- Select New.
- From the drop-down menu, select the File type you want to use. With VRED sessions, only .vpb files are supported.
- Select Organization. If you are a member of more than one organization, select which organization the session belongs to. Only members of this organization can join the session.
- In Session Name, enter a name for the session.
- In File, Select a VRED file to use in the session.
- In Participants, select participants from your organization. Only these users can see and join the session. Up to maximum of 5 organization members can participate in one session including the host.
- Select Create session. Depending on the file size and network connection, this may take a while. When the session is ready, select Start.
Your session is now in progress and available for other participants to join.
As a participant in a session, you can join sessions hosted by others.
- In Varjo Base, go to Services menu and open Varjo Reality Cloud.
- All sessions made available to you by their respective hosts are listed in the Main view. Choose a session and select Join.
When you want to leave a session as a participant, select Leave while the session is in progress.
Note that only the host can end a VRED session.
When you want to end a session, select End session. Select End session again to confirm.
All associated data is removed from the Varjo Reality Cloud and a copy of the session file is saved in Downloads folder on the host’s Windows computer.
Read here for more details about: