This is a guide for migrating your existing Unreal project to Varjo headset using Varjo Unreal plugin found in Unreal marketplace. If for some reason you cannot install plugin from the Marketplace, you can do it manually by following Manual plugin installation guide.
1. Install SteamVR
Download and install from Steam page
2. Install Varjo base
3. Install Epic Launcher
5. Install Varjo plugin from Marketplace
In the Epic launcher navigate to Unreal Engine tab, select marketplace and search for “Varjo” to find a plugin for adding it to your UE installation. Direct link for the browser is here: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/assets?keywords=varjo
7. Open your project
Open your UE project.
8. Enable Varjo plugin
9. Disable SteamVR plugin
10. Run the project
11. Check the Performance and Visual Quality guidance
Tune the project with the guidance from Performance and Visual Quality page.
12. Package project
- Download plugin for your version of Unreal Engine from Varjo Downloads page.
- Unzip the downloaded zip file wherever you like.
- Create a new folder in your project’s directory and name it as ‘Plugins’.
- Copy your unzipped plugin to this newly created folder.
- Package your project as you usually do