Creating a new Unity project
Before creating the project, ensure Unity Plugin is installed correctly. This is a page for creating a new project. If you are modifying your existing project, please refer to ”Updating an existing Unity project”.
In order to show a default scene in the Varjo headset, complete the following steps:
- Create a new Unity project like you would usually do
- Save the project and close Unity.
- Unzip the Varjo SDK directly into the root directory of the project (overwrite any duplicate files).
- Reopen the project in Unity.
- Ensure the Project Settings align with Varjo’s required settings.
- Drag VarjoUser prefab to the scene
- Remove MainCamera from the scene
- Hit Play to test
When updating the Varjo headset for Unity, please close Unity and delete the following files and folders inside the Assets folder before unzipping the updated plugin:
Do not directly edit the prefabs and scripts in these folders as they will be replaced in every update.
If you leave Unity open, it will lock the plugin DLL files and update will fail. If you don’t delete the previous files, there might be unwanted files left from the previous plugin version.