Creating a new Unity project
Note: This is page contains instructions for creating a new project. If you are modifying your existing project, please refer to ”Updating an existing Unity project”. Before creating the project, ensure the Unity Plugin is installed correctly.
In order to show a default scene in the Varjo headset, complete the following steps:
- Create a new Unity project as usual
- Save the project and close Unity.
- Unzip the Varjo SDK directly into the root directory of the project (overwrite any duplicate files).
- Reopen the project in Unity.
- Ensure the Project Settings align with Varjo’s required settings.
- Drag VarjoUser prefab to the scene
- Remove MainCamera from the scene
- Hit Play to test.
When updating the Varjo headset for Unity, close Unity and delete the following files and folders inside the Assets folder before unzipping the updated plugin:
Do not directly edit the prefabs and scripts in these folders as they will be replaced with each update.
If you leave Unity open, it will lock the plugin DLL files and the update will fail. If you don’t delete the previous files, there might be unwanted files left from the previous plugin version.