Creating a Unity project using LWRP
This guide will help you to create a new project using Lightweight Render Pipeline (LWRP). These screenshots are taken from Unity 2019.1.4f1. Different version of Unity might look differently.
- Create a new project in Unity and select Lightweight RP from the templates.
- Download and unzip Varjo Plugin for Unity archive and navigate to assets folder.
- Drag and drop three folders (Varjo, VarjoExamples, and VarjoSteamVR) to Unity Assets folder.
- From Unity assets window navigate to Varjo > Prefabs folder and drag VarjoUser to project hierarchy window.
- Navigate to Edit > Project Settings > Quality and set VSync Count to Don’t Sync
- Make sure that the Virtual Reality Support is disabled under Edit > Project Settings > Player > XR Settings
- From the same Player tab under Other Settings make sure Color Space is set to Linear
- Delete or disable original camera from the scene. Now the scene should run with Varjo VR headset.
- (Optional) Enable following settings to use Post Processing effects:
- Click on VarjoUser in the Hierarchy window and Copy Camera Components
- If the image in your headset is flipped, enable Flip Y
- Add Post-process Layer to VarjoCamera
- Enable Post-process for the Layer and set Anti-aliasing
- From VarjoUser select Generate Viewport Cameras
- From Post-process Volume disable Bloom and Vignette