Creating a Unity project using HDRP
This guide will help you create a new project using High-Definition Render Pipeline (HDRP). These screenshots are taken from Unity 2019.1.4f1. Other versions of Unity may appear differently.
- Create a new project in Unity and select High-Definition RP from the templates.
- Download and unzip Varjo Plugin for Unity archive and navigate to assets folder.
- Drag and drop three folders (Varjo, VarjoExamples, and VarjoSteamVR) to the Unity Assets folder.
- From the Unity assets window navigate to the Varjo > Prefabs folder and drag VarjoUser to the project hierarchy window.
- Navigate to Edit > Project Settings > Quality and set VSync Count to Don’t Sync.
- Make sure that the Virtual Reality Support is disabled under Edit > Project Settings > Player > XR Settings.
- From the same Player tab under Other Settings, set Color Space to Linear.
- Delete or disable original camera from the scene. Now the scene should run with Varjo headset.
- Click on VarjoUser in the Hierarchy window and Copy Camera Components.
- (Optional) For the best visual quality set Anti-aliasing mode to Temporal Anti-aliasing (TAA) under VarjoUser > VarjoCamera.
- In the Scene Post-process for your scene change, following settings:
- In the Default Post-process for your scene change following settings:
- (Optional) If you want to generate cameras from VarjoUser, make sure that all of the cameras have the same settings as the main camera.