Creating a Unity project using HDRP
This guide will help you to create a new project using High-Definition Render Pipeline (HDRP). These screenshots are taken from Unity 2019.1.4f1. Different version of Unity might look differently.
- Create a new project in Unity and select High-Definition RP from the templates.
- Download and unzip Varjo Plugin for Unity archive and navigate to assets folder.
- Drag and drop three folders (Varjo, VarjoExamples, and VarjoSteamVR) to Unity Assets folder.
- From Unity assets window navigate to Varjo > Prefabs folder and drag VarjoUser to project hierarchy window.
- Navigate to Edit > Project Settings > Quality and set VSync Count to Don’t Sync
- Make sure that the Virtual Reality Support is disabled under Edit > Project Settings > Player > XR Settings
- From the same Player tab under Other Settings make sure Color Space is set to Linear
- Delete or disable original camera from the scene. Now the scene should run with Varjo VR headset.
- Click on VarjoUser in the Hierarchy window and Copy Camera Components
- (Optional) For the best visual quality set Anti-aliasing mode to Temporal Anti-aliasing (TAA) under VarjoUser > VarjoCamera
- In the Scene Post-process for your scene change following settings:
- In the Default Post-process for your scene change following settings:
- (Optional) If you want to generate cameras from VarjoUser – make sure that all the cameras have same settings as the main camera