Welcome to Unity
This page describes how you can set up and use the Unity development environment for the Varjo VR‑1. Please make sure you have read Difference between SteamVR™ and Varjo Base before beginning development.
To be able to set up the Unity environment, you need the following:
- Make sure your computer meets system requirements
- Varjo software
- SteamVR installation
- Unity 2018.2.0f2 or newer
- Unity software set with Windows Build Support
- Project using DirectX11 (OpenGL/Vulkan/DX12 currently are not supported)
- Varjo Unity Plugin (Need to add ID for web page section to create link)
- Varjo VR-1 headset (optional)
Getting started section will guide you through downloading and installing the Varjo Plugin for Unity.
Using the Varjo Plugin for Unity
This section will explain how to set up the plugin and make sure your build is working correctly on the Varjo VR-1. Refer to the “Creating a new Unity project” for new projects and to the “Updating an existing Unity project” for existing project migration.
Examples can be downloaded from the Download page. They are fully optional. Explanation of the examples could be found on Unity Examples page.
Making a build
Making a build for the Varjo VR-1 is no different from creating any other VR build. For further instructions refer to the Unity documentation.
Developing without the VR-1 headset
On the Developing without VR-1 page you can find information on how to test your build without the VR‑1 headset.