Event Marketing Lead
At Varjo we create hardware and software experiences to fulfill our vision of immersive computing. The virtual and mixed reality experiences we are creating will empower each of us to be more creative and more productive.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
Varjo is looking for Event Marketing Lead to drive our event and trade show presence starting from spring 2019 onwards. Your role will be to plan, coordinate and execute our presence at events in the VR/AR/XR domain as well as in our three main segments: training and simulation, industrial design, and architecture, engineering and construction. As our Event Marketing Lead, you will work closely with Varjo’s entire business team as well as our partners to make our yearly event calendar into a reality. You will travel over 50 % of your working time, representing Varjo and demonstrating our technology face-to-face to professional audiences across the U.S. and Europe.
We hope you are a creative and enthusiastic event professional who thrives in a dynamic startup environment. You have previous experience of international event production, technology marketing and partner collaboration. In order to succeed in this role, you need be passionate about VR technology and the professional possibilities we are creating and enjoy the fast-paced working rhythm of events. We hope you are equipped with excellent interpersonal, project management and organizational skills and a strong bias for action. It is a big advantage if you have previously worked in event and/or partnership management in the automotive design, AEC, or training and simulation industries.
This is a full-time position located in Orlando, USA.
- Create and manage Varjo’s global event marketing plan to support our business strategy
- Plan, coordinate and execute our presence at VR/AR/XR as well as key industry events together with our partners, driving communication, collaboration and transparency both internally and externally
- Taking care of all tactical event practicalities including logistics, scheduling, demos, budgeting, and measuring results
- Constantly improving our event presence based on feedback, with eye on the details, aiming for best-in-show level
- In the future, also organizing Varjo’s own events
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience with a proven track record of making successful B2B events happen
- BA/BS/MSc degree in Economics / Business Administration or similar, or equivalent practical work experience
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to get hands-on
- Ability, patience and passion to work with emerging technology
- Capability to effectively manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Excellent communication skills in English
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in mixed reality experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with the best, learn from the best
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary
Include your CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile. If you know people who are already working for Varjo, feel free to drop their names in your application.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.