Automation and Integration Engineer, Virtual Reality
At Varjo we create hardware and software to fulfil our vision of immersive computing. Our virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
Redefining how we think about and experience computers in the future is quite a journey in software creation. At the heart of that journey is testing software to support our iterative development approach. Our world-class developers, HW innovators and designers are not able to do their magic if we don’t do magic also in testing our software every day.
At Varjo we approach testing and continuous integration with a unique mix of automation, telemetry, manual and user based testing, where automation is one of the core pillars. Your job will be to develop our automation and integration asset which gives us our developers continuous feedback within minutes not days. You must be passionate about building software in the right way and using automation and integration pipelines as a part of that process. We expect you to sit down and write test scripts, spend hours debating right tooling and then set it up and push for the right, proven ways and completely new approaches to automated testing of software and systems. Our developers are a collection of world-class talent, and we want you to aim for the same level.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities in Finland is a possibility we can discuss and support. If you are currently based outside of Finland, we will gladly support relocating to the capital of the world's happiest country.
- Design and develop our Varjo test automation and CI pipeline which is a core part of our software development approach. Work with industry standard tools like Jenkins, Gerrit, Robot Framework.
- Ramp up automation while you get your hands dirty writing regression test sets and API validation automation.
- Work closely with our different graphics, computer vision, SDK and product engineering teams to define, support and execute the right automation activities. We strongly believe in setting teams for success with cross-functional efforts.
- Drive a culture of quality software creation and data-centric thinking where continuous integration and testing is an activity that eases the everyday life of our development teams and creates a rhythm where we always have something that works.
- Create new and scalable ways of testing the computers of the future.
- Hands-on experience with test automation frameworks (for example robot framework) and writing test scripts with relevant scripting languages. We are not religious about what tool chain you have used previously, but you should be able to figure out what the best tools are for the job at hand.
- Multiple years of experience with C++ and Python.
- Experience with tooling such as Jenkins, Gerrit, GTest and the likes.
- Track record of shipping products and being a key individual in the integration and test effort.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Previous experience of working with 3D engine such as Unreal or Unity is a plus but not mandatory.
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in virtual and mixed reality products and experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with the best, learn from the best
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Get in touch
Are you the person we are looking for? Want to join our journey of redefining computing? Ready to join? Apply now.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.