Technical Support Specialist, Europe
At Varjo we create hardware and software to fulfil our vision of immersive computing. Our virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
The role of Customer Operations is to ensure extreme customer satisfaction by delivering and supporting products to our customers with high quality, accuracy and service level.
We are looking for a Technical Support Specialist who will help our B2B customers in Europe to gain maximum value by using our state-of-the-art virtual and mixed reality products. You will have a key role in introducing and supporting our products and ensuring that customer feedback is heard in our product and process development.
We have just begun ramping up our operations, so this role will be a great opportunity to be part of creating something new that hasn’t been done before. You get to work hands-on with our first product, the world’s first and only VR device with human-eye resolution, and help our customers across industries make the most of it. You might already have experience and are looking for a new, exciting direction, or you might be at the beginning of your career.
- Deliver service training and actively participate in creating and delivering training material.
- Walk customers through the process of installing our software on their working environment and starting up the program for the first time.
- Track, investigate and close customer queries by collecting information, working together with appropriate sources and identifying corrective actions.
- Provide on-site support for the installations in the form of troubleshooting and service when required.
- Coordinate service delivery by using local support partners. Ensure that service quality and cost requirements are achieved.
- Participate and contribute to other areas (e.g. product development and product launch) to initiate product improvements/corrective actions as necessary to ensure customer expectations are met and exceeded.
- B.Sc. or similar in a technical area.
- A minimum of 2-5 years’ work experience in a related field.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows-based software, networking and/or PC hardware. Previous experience with VR products and services a big plus.
- Willingness to travel approximately 30% of the time depending on the support need in the field. Mainly travel within Europe but occasional travel elsewhere as well.
- Good communication and negotiations skills and the ability to interface with customers in a positive, professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a group to accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Ability to prioritize multiple activities, taking initiative, familiar with process management methods and principles
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and SW problems analytically and systematically with a firm commitment to quality and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Good written and spoken English.
- The front seat to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in virtual and mixed reality products and experiences.
- A start-up culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work.
- International environment with opportunities to learn, work and grow with the best.
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively.
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country.
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits.
Get in touch
Are you the person we are looking for? Want to join our journey of redefining computing? Apply for the role.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.
More information available from:
Marko Ylinen, Head of Customer Operations