Test Engineer, Computing Platform
At Varjo we create hardware and software to fulfil our vision of immersive computing. Our virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
Redefining how we think about and experience computers in the future is quite a journey in software creation. At the core of that journey is testing software that supports our iterative development approach. Our world-class developers, HW innovators and designers are not able to do their magic if we don’t do magic also in testing our software every day.
Your job will be to design, specify and run test procedures and test cases which give continuous feedback to your developer colleagues. At Varjo we approach testing with a unique mix of automation, telemetry, manual, and user- based testing where manual testing is one of the core pillars. You must be passionate about building software in the right way and doing smart testing as a part of a larger engineering team. We expect you to sit down and write test cases, spend hours debating how we should test our software and then continuously execute that test plan as part of our iterative development process. Our developers are a collection of world-class talent, and we want you to aim for the same level in your line of work.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities in Finland is a possibility we can discuss and support. If you are coming from abroad, we will gladly support relocating to the capital of the world's happiest country.
- Design, specify and execute manual test activities as part of our immersive operating experience development. We want you to work next to your developer colleagues to define what and how we should test and then execute those tests.
- Report results of test activities every day and find easily reproduceable steps that our developers can then go and fix. Be able to isolate signals from the noise of issue feedback to the work of your colleagues.
- Drive a culture of quality software creation and data-centric thinking where continuous integration and testing area activities that ease the everyday life of our development teams and create a rhythm where we always have something that works.
- Multiple years of hands-on experience of designing test cases and running test procedures as part of larger software development.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in a relevant area (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics) is preferred.
- Track record of shipping products and being a key individual of the integration and test effort.
- Team player, ability to perform in cross-functional teams and to share knowledge with others.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Previous experience of working with virtual reality and augmented reality solutions is a plus.
- Previous experience with working with 3D engine such as Unreal or Unity is a plus but not mandatory.
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in virtual and mixed reality products and experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with the best, learn from the best
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Get in touch
Are you the person we are looking for? Want to join the journey towards redefining computing? Ready to join? Apply now.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.