Senior/Lead Electronics Engineer
At Varjo we create hardware and software to fulfill our vision of immersive computing. Our virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
We are always looking for people who want to change the world and work to solve the hardest problems. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
Redefining computing relies on us creating hardware and software that seamlessly merge virtual, mixed and traditional reality while designing and developing completely new ways of using cameras, complex imaging pipelines and unique algorithms to create that illusion.
As a Senior/Lead Electronics Engineer you will be working with our larger product R&D team with a focus on acting as electronics lead in projects, designing, building and ultimately shipping one of the many Varjo products. Your days will be spent in solving anything ranging from solutions of high resolution and low latency capable HW to how are we able to mass manufacture and ensure high quality solutions. You will work with a range of different disciplines from electronics engineers, computer vision algorithm developers, industrial designers and others.
As an individual you bring with you a strong background in a wide variety of electronics development projects and have a history of acting as lead electronic engineer and successful delivery of HW projects. Your approach to work is both systematic but solution and problem solving oriented where you value getting things done and ready to the end. Deep knowledge about the system architecture, integration, component selection and suppliers as well as manufacturing is highly valued. As electronics lead engineer you also will be working with our project teams by defining tasks and making sure tasks are completed within plans.
- Responsibility of making sure Electronics projects are proceeding according to agreed schedules.
- Responsibility of Electronics and System design and development from start to shipment and maintenance.
- Accountability for engineering decisions that are architecturally sound and possible to implement and verify for mass manufacturing.
- Manage and work with suppliers and contractors to create solutions for our products.
- Drive activities that ensure both schedule and quality of the overall product program.
- History of working as lead engineer in HW development projects.
- Long history of HW development in industrial setting
- Experience of working with systems that are complex enough and include a variety of peripherials, controllers and tight integration requirements because of physical size or other constraints.
- Necessary understanding of normal embedded processing and sensor integration solutions.
- Experience of mass production of electronics in relevant role.
- Capability to prioritise own work between multiple conflicting needs.
- Experience of working in iterative development. This can mean lean, Scrum, Kanban or any other flavour. The key thing is that you believe in iterative development
- Good communication skills in English.
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in virtual and mixed reality products and experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with colleagues that aspire to do world changing things.
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Get in touch
Ready to join? Apply now.
Include your CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile. This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.