At Varjo we create hardware and software to fulfil our vision of immersive computing. Our virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
We are looking for an experienced Sales Lead who will help redefine reality with us for the long term. You will get to work with clients from different industries and locations.
You will join our Business Team and work closely with your sales/BD and marketing colleagues. We currently have 15 people in our Business Team, and you will be the fifth person located in the United States. We have plans to grow our U.S. team in the nearby future, and you will be one of our spearheads into this important market for Varjo.You will report directly to our Chief Operating Officer. Our hierarchy is flat and we like it that way.
To succeed at Varjo you need to be a self-starter and be able to deal with a certain level of uncertainty that working in a fast-paced start-up entails. We expect you to be able to communicate with both customers and internal stakeholders effectively.
The job includes a lot of travelling – more than 50% of your time will be spent on the road and the skies above. Your home base will be in the Washington Metropolitan area.
- Take ownership and lead accounts, communicate, manage, and grow our business.
- Work together with the entire Business Team to share knowledge and improve practices across Varjo.
- Focus on growth & building relationships – we are still a very new player in the field.
- Identify and attend conferences and tradeshows where to promote our world-changing products (VR-1).
- 5+ years of experience from B2B sales.
- Experience from tech-focused sales (software or hardware).
- Good track record with sales.
- Results-oriented but not a lone wolf – collaboration is important at Varjo.
Nice to have
- Experience from working in the domain of VR/AR/XR.
- Background in sales for Simulation & Training, Industrial Design or AEC.
- Experience in creating a value-added reselling (VAR) network.
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in virtual and mixed reality products and experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with the best, learn from the best
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- 20 days of holidays plus Bank Holidays.
Get in touch
Are you the person we are looking for? Want to join our journey of redefining computing? Apply now.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.
For questions about the role, feel free to connect with and message Petteri Tuomimaa on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ptuomimaa/