Sensor Fusion Engineer
At Varjo we create hardware and software to fulfill our vision of immersive computing. Our Virtual and Mixed Reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like they do right now.
To make the Varjo mixed reality experience as good as possible our technology needs to make sense of the surrounding environment accurately in real time. As a valuable member of the dedicated Computer Vision team at Varjo, you will work on methods to robustly combine a wide variety of sensor data. The algorithms you work on will use this data to infer how the user and controllers move, allowing us to provide authentic motion experience to the user in VR/MR.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities in Finland is a possibility we can discuss and support. If you are currently based somewhere else, we will also gladly help with relocating to Finland: we will make your move to the capital of the world's happiest and cleanest country as easy as possible.
- Develop Varjo sensor fusion, tracking and related tools
- Data-driven R&D: obtain data, challenge and improve algorithms iteratively
- Push solutions to production quality level for a wide variety of sensor environments
- Several years of work experience with C++ as the primary dev language
- Strong demonstrated skills in relevant mathematics (e.g. from MSC/PhD degree in computer science, physics, math, statistics, ...)
- Experience on working with real sensor data (e.g. from cameras, radars, lidars, sonars, IMUs, odometers, ...)
We also appreciate prior experience on
- Sensor fusion and modelling, as in robotics, aeronautics, automotive, ...
- DSP, machine learning, computer vision, data science, or SLAM
- Working with Python, Matlab or R
- Working on VR and/or AR
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in mixed reality experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary and reward plan to share the success
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Are you the person we are looking for? Want to join our journey of redefining computing? Ready to join? Apply now.
This position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.