Senior Input and Interactions Developer
At Varjo we create hardware and software to fulfil our vision of immersive computing. Our virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
Redefining computing with seamlessly merging virtual, mixed and traditional reality takes us on a path of solving unique design and engineering challenges in areas such as rendering, interactions, 3D graphics engines and windowing.
You will be working as part of our core engineering team focused on building the Varjo XR software stack. Your role will focus on working with interaction and input technologies as part of bringing our computing platform vision to life. Development tasks will range from architecting and developing how various input methods work with our VR solutions and building ways of visualising and using the interaction toolkit of the VR future. To be the right person for this role you should have experience of working with 3D graphics in addition to a passion for building tools for people to use and create.
Our developers, designers and HW engineers are world-class in what they do, and we want you to aim for the same level.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities in Finland is a possibility we can discuss and support. If you're currently based somewhere else, we will gladly help with relocating to the capital of the world's happiest country.
- Design and develop input and interaction methods for our core platform.
- Take accountability for solutions that are modular and testable. Have pride for building unit and regression testing to prove that your code and solutions truly work.
- Debug, optimise and aspire to make things pixel perfect. Be willing to spend time in truly making things amazing, not just great.
- Fluent in C/C++ with working history of over 7 years.
- Track record of working on graphics-intensive and performance-critical projects in the 3D space. This can be gaming or any other similar background.
- Good grasp of modern large scale software development techniques in the areas of continuous integration, test driven development and the likes.
- Unreal Engine expertise is a plus or experience of a similar engine that you have worked on or built yourself.
- Good communication skills in English.
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in virtual and mixed reality products and experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with the best, learn from the best
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Get in touch
Are you the person we are looking for? Want to join our journey of redefining computing? Ready to join? Apply now.
This position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.