Computer Vision Developer, Tracking
At Varjo we create hardware and software experiences to fulfil our vision of immersive computing. The mixed reality experiences we are creating will empower each of us to be more creative and more productive.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
A device with eyes and sensors is useless without the capability to understand the meaning of that data in a similar manner as we humans do. Creating that capability for our devices is where you come to the picture.
We at Varjo are looking for a Computer Vision developer to join our Computer Vision Tracking Team and start doing your magic with computer vision and how users and devices interact with the world. You will be working with the typical ala carte of topics such as SLAM, 3D reconstruction, depth sensing, pose tracking and quite a few others. To be the right person for this role you not only enjoy researching solutions to complex problems but also actually getting those into the hands of real users with great performance and robustness.
Our developers, designers and HW engineers are world-class in what they do, and we want you to aim for the same level.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. Commuting from other cities In Finland is a possibility we can discuss, and we will gladly help with the process of relocating to Finland if you are currently based somewhere else.
- Research, develop, implement and optimize algorithms and software solutions to solve complex computational vision challenges
- Create code that is elegant and maintainable. It really ships to users
- Take accountability for solutions that are modular and testable. Have pride for building unit and regression testing to prove that your code and solutions truly work.
- Work closely with hardware and other software engineering teams on tech selections and solutions.
- When necessary debug, optimize and aspire to make things pixel-perfect. Be willing to spend time in making things truly amazing, not just great.
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas: SLAM, dense mapping, 3d scene reconstruction, feature (eye, pose, gesture, object) tracking, image segmentation, scene understanding, 3d/mesh model compression
- Fluent in C/C++ with at least experience of 4 or more years as primarily language
- Track record of shipping working code and solutions based on your contributions
- Team player, ability to perform in cross functional teams and to share knowledge to others
- Good communication skills in English
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in mixed reality experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary and reward plan to share the success
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki
Get in touch
Ready to join? Apply now.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate will be found. Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.