Customer Success Manager
Varjo is a Finnish metaverse technology company developing the world’s most advanced VR/XR hardware and software. We’re best known for delivering virtual and mixed reality that look and feel just as real as the real world. Founded in 2016, Varjo now operates in over 40 countries worldwide with 170+ employees in offices in Helsinki, Oslo, and Washington D.C. And the resolution revolution has only just begun.
We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping Varjo’s commercial efforts.
An exciting opportunity is now available for a Customer Success Manager/Onboarding Specialist, within the Varjo team for the EMEA & APAC region. The purpose of this role is to ensure that our key customers can get off to fast starts and quickly see the value of the investment they’ve recently made. This role will be heavily focused on the first 30-90 days of the customer onboarding experience, helping navigate technical challenges the customer might run into using a Varjo product for the first time.
This role will work directly with customers, and in regular close contact with Sales, R&D and Customer Support teams. The Customer Success Manager is ideally placed to drive the productive flow of information and feedback in all directions. They are comfortable in both customer-facing and detailed internal technical conversations and can operate on their own or as part of a wider team working with strategic customer accounts.
As a Varjo team-member, you will be part of a growth company culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity to take charge of your work. Varjo culture values willingness to learn, work and grow with the best colleagues in an international business environment. High ambition, passion, caring for each other, trust and respect are key characteristics of how Varjo people work and win business in the global markets.
The key responsibilities of the Customer Success Manager can be summarized as follows:
- Serves as bridge between Varjo Sales and new EMEA & APAC customers, as well as being the bridge between customers and the Varjo customer support team on challenging support cases.
- Develop strong Varjo product technical knowledge to be able to help trouble-shoot and resolve many customer issues independently
- Understand the scope of technical requirements required to create a successful solution, including software integration, game engines and hardware compatibility – and help them get successfully up and running.
- Take detailed feedback from customers (issues, as well as feature requests), structure it and bring it up with the right people in the organization
- Supports sales and business development with ensuring quick adoption of initial proofs of concepts (POC’s) and product usage, and helping identify additional expansion opportunity, which Sales can then help drive.
- Manage portfolio of 20+ customers at any given moment that are at different stages of their customer onboarding experience
The key KPIs for the role are seen to be in the following areas:
- Successful deployment of Varjo technology to solve customer problems within first 90 days of customer lifecycle
- Growth in existing accounts by expanding deployment and perceived business benefits
- Successful resolution of Support cases and increased customer satisfaction.
- Min 2-5 years in a customer-facing role
- Possess strong phone, written and verbal communication skills with excellent presentation skills
- Strong technical knowledge and skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, high integrity, and a can-do mindset.
- Outstanding team player who is motivated in helping the team to reach their goals.
- Strong multitasking and project management skills.
- Well-organized, with high attention to detail and ability to prioritize.
- Interest and experience in working with international customers and teams
- Hands-on experience working with VR and/or AR hardware is preferred but not required
- Experience working in 3D engines like Unity/Unreal or software’s such as VRED, CATIA, 3DS is also beneficial.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
By joining us, you’ll get:
- Fantastic opportunity re-shape the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state-of-the-art in virtual and mixed reality experiences.
- Work with smart and likeminded people and organization that is pushing the boundaries of VR/XR technology.
- An international working environment with tons of opportunities to learn and grow with the company.
- Competitive salary, great benefits, and flexible working conditions
- A low-hierarchy culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work.
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
As we are developing the next computing paradigm, we need a versatile team to help ensure that the new realities are designed for everyone. Our multicultural team consists of talents from all around the world, and our daily working language is English. We believe in the power of diversity – where different experiences, backgrounds, and ideas drive innovation and results. Even if your profile is not a perfect match but you want to learn and grow, we’d love to hear from you.
This position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found. Ready to jump into the exciting world of VR/XR? Apply now. Please include your CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile.