Senior Cloud/Backend Engineer, Teleport
At Varjo we create services, software and hardware to fulfil our vision of immersive computing. Our virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality. You can learn more about our vision and what we are doing right now at https://varjo.com/blog/varjo-reality-cloud/
We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it. When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
We are looking for seasoned backend/cloud engineer to join the Teleport team. You bring to the table a solid experience of deploying and maintaining existing cloud solutions in customer facing applications. You have worked with highly scalable backend infrastructures and typical AWS services like EC2, Elastic beanstalk, Lambda and DynamoDB are bread and butter tools for you. C# is the language of your choice.
In your role you will work in the teleport team and take part in the whole lifecycle of service creation: design, develop and deploy. You not only love building software but care deeply about how we work and learn as we go. You will initially be working with .net core and .net standard apis which are the core of the backend.
This is a full-time position located in either Finland or Norway. You can do all of your work remotely if you so choose. We are also open to discuss freelancer set-ups for the role and employ you anywhere in Europe.
If you're based somewhere else at the moment than Finland or Norway, we will also gladly help with relocating to either country and make your move to either country known for awesome quality of life.
- Design, build and implement Varjo backend applications with the rest of the team
- Writing suitable test cases for ensuring software quality
- Testing and deploying software to our cloud infrastructure.
- 5+ years of experience in backend software development
- Expertise at least in C# programming
- Experienced in AWS specifically EC2, Elastic beanstalk, Lambda, Dynamodb
- Low level socket experience
- Good English communication skills
- You have DevOps mindset and interest towards automation
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in virtual and mixed reality products and experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with the best, learn from the best
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
Get in touch
Ready to join? Apply now.
Include your CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile. Send us details of work you are especially proud of and what you did in those projects – wow us.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply. Even if your profile is not a perfect match but you want to learn and grow, we would love to hear from you.