(Senior) Mechanics Engineer
At Varjo we create hardware and software to fulfil our vision of immersive computing. Our virtual and mixed reality products will transform the way professionals work, create and experience reality.
We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it. When we are done, computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
Redefining computing relies on us creating hardware and software that seamlessly merge virtual, mixed and traditional reality while designing and developing completely new ways of using cameras, complex imaging pipelines and unique algorithms to create that illusion.
As a (Senior) Mechanics Engineer you will be working with our larger product R&D team with a focus on acting as mechanical designer in projects, designing, building and ultimately shipping one of the many Varjo products. Your days will be spent in solving anything ranging from mechanical part design to how are we able to mass manufacture and ensure high quality solutions for our customers
As an individual you bring with you a strong background in a wide variety of mechanics development projects and have a history of acting as (senior) mechanics engineer and successful delivery of projects. Your approach to work is both systematic but solution and problem solving oriented where you value getting things done and ready to the end. Deep knowledge about materials, simulations, integration and suppliers as well as manufacturing is highly valued.
- Responsibility of designing mechanical constructions including specifications, material selections and manufacturing and verification methods.
- Accountability for engineering decisions on mechanical constructions that are architecturally sound and possible to implement and verify for mass manufacturing.
- Participate to programs from program start to shipment and maintenance.
- Drive activities that ensure both schedule and quality of the overall product program.
- Senior role: Manage and work with suppliers and contractors to create mechanical designs for our products.
- History of working as (senior) mechanical engineer in product development projects.
- Experience of working with products with complex integration of multiple moving parts with tight integration of electronics and preferably with optical/camera systems.
- Experience of mass production of mechanical parts made from plastics and metals
- Capability to prioritise own work between multiple conflicting needs.
- Experience of working in iterative development. This can mean lean, Scrum, Kanban or any other flavour. The key thing is that you believe in iterative development
- Good communication skills in English.
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in virtual and mixed reality products and experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- Work with colleagues that aspire to do world changing things.
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
- Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki